Monday, January 10, 2011

Put a cork in it

We have amassed an excessive number of wine corks since moving into our new place this past June.   Our little collecter bottle was overflowing into a nearby drawer.  Awhile back I attended a bridal shower for a dear friend at her new friend's home.  And in that home I saw painted corks tossed into a large vase--apparently I packed that away in my memory because I took that idea as my own:


I chose two purple spray paint variations to match the new throw pillows I got and used some of the dozens of vases I have from our wedding still.  I think it turned out cute and adds some new color to the living room.  Too bad I accidentally sprayed some of the balcony (despite every effort to cover it with garbage bags).  As an FYI corks are kind of a PIA to spray paint but the mantle is high enough up that only tall people will look closely to see how they turned out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment