Thursday, July 30, 2009

Hot bridal salon event

I went out with a good friend, Jo, from my days at Brogan & Partners who is in the midst of planning a 2010 wedding. We went to Le Salon in Royal Oak since they carry the gown designer she likes. They had a little event going on with some beauty salons, accessories vendors, etc. Definitely a place to consider shopping if you are looking for a unique gown. There were some traditional looking gowns with bold jewelry and some very couture (some funky, stunning), beautiful dresses. Side note: I'm all set in the dress department and this is one secret I'm going to attempt to keep!

OK, so there is, of course, a funny story to this event: They were offering chair massages. So I had one. Here's where I mention it's like 80+ degrees in the shop with no air flow. I could FEEL my legs slipping off the knee pads they were resting on. I am trying to enjoy the relaxing massage but I'm more like, "how in the world do I stand up and wipe off the padding covertly?" Impossible, I was a sweaty leg mess (is that normal to have sweaty SHINS!?) and all over the leather chair. Awkward times 10! I was trying to stop the sweat on my forehead as I got a spiel about airbrush make-up AND keep anyone from looking at the sweaty shin marks. Fortunately Jo Lynn and I made eye contact and could bolt. And air me out.

No comments:

Post a Comment