Saturday, December 26, 2009

Merry Christmas

Just one more Christmas party to go, we've had four amazing ones so far.  The first was a quick weekend in Aurora (Party On Wayne) with Andrew and Jeaninte Zuerner + kids.  Taylor and I flew in late on Friday just before the blizzard and met Mark, Grace and Mike who drove in at varying times on Friday.  Had a great weekend with everyone and hope they move to Michigan next!  I'm so glad to know I'm a skilled Barbie sticker applicator.

Christmas Eve was spent at Mike and Grace's home, we were fed another delicious spread (who made the Caesar salad?!) and got to spend a fun evening with them AND Chris, Alison, Liz, Josh, Maddie, Caroline & Bella.  Taylor got to open her gifts from Mark and I, I'm taking the group bear hug as a positive sign she liked her digital camera!

Even later on Christmas Eve Mark and I decided to open gifts together, I am glad I was able to keep his coat a secret.  We had a rare dinner date at Somerset in October and he spotted this coat:



Then I hid the coat really well!!  Mark would mention it about twice a week and I would say they were sold out when I went back and that it was too much, etc.  Tee-hee. 

I got spoiled big time this year!!  It was fun to spend some quiet minutes together and open presents.  My new earrings are on as I type and I'm impatiently waiting to wear the boots, which I'm still impressed he was able to track down :)

Christmas Day we drove to Allendale to see my brother, parents and Grandma Carol.  It was a rainy day to be on the roads but we rolled in around lunch time.  Ken wasn't too far behind then, more presents!!  I'm blessed to have such a generous family.  Truly blessed.

See all you Shines on Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment