Thursday, August 20, 2009

The Joy of Planning

Last night we accomplished making lists. Most of you know I love lists, however what I truly love is crossing things OFF the list.

Our new list:
  1. Print the guest list so Mark can review
  2. Set up appointments with DJs
  3. Email a church (oh wait I DID this one, yay! But no reply just yet)
  4. Email a professional planner

I read on a blog last night that you spend around 250 hours, or SIX work weeks planning a wedding. Um, about that...I already have work weeks; and on a good day I can take a full hour lunch, these good days come about once a week. So that means during normal business hours I need 250 work days to plan this bad boy. Um, about that....April 10 is 233 days away.

While I still have lots of fun ideas for our wedding last night Mark and I talked about our (ahem, my) rage level during the planning process. I currently have mild crabbiness at all things wedding. I would prefer to have zero crabbiness and actually focus on having fun. So with that Mark has offered to get a second job to pay for a planner...sweet but not necessary, I found a few local firms that should fall within our budget and help take most stress away. Too bad my handy dandy list is on the kitchen table. But hey, what's one more day?

;) Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment