Tuesday, September 1, 2009

losing inches, gaining inches

When Mark and I decided to join the Madison Athletic Club in Madison Heights I was looking forward to getting back on track after nearly one year of slacking off in the exercise department. As part of our package we received a complimentary training session--Mark was gung-ho about the tutorial and I was resisting the "sales pitch." Almost immediately Mark got his free session then signed up to do a handful of training sessions. I put off my initial session for at least two months but finally went. I thought it was a good workout but more so thought how big of a kick in the butt I needed. Here is where I also mention my inability to say "no;" I signed up for three months of sessions. Insert Mark saying "SUCKERRRRRR!" here.

Well my three months just wrapped and I have to say the kick certainly worked. I lost two inches across my abdominals (below the bellybutton) and one inch from my waist. I gained half an inch on my biceps and half an inch on my calves. These results were lined up with what my trainer, Kelly D, and I planned for--less jiggling and my pants fitting me again. I did almost zero working out other than the sessions and I didn't change my diet, though I would argue I'm generally a healthy eater. So major kudos to Kelly (and Mike who filled in a few times) at the MAC for the great workouts.

The next time you see me you may ask to see my muscles but only after you get the scoop on whether I did a workout that week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment