Thursday, October 8, 2009

I really SHOULD call ITT Tech

Well we've been without home Internet for a solid two months. I was sure there was an issue with the connection. Or my work computer was showing signs of age. Neither were correct. I unplugged the wires to the router as instructed by some technophiles. I unplugged the cable box on three separate occasions before I realized it wasn't the router. After a full day I plugged the appropriately disconnected router cords back in, but no lights came on. "Hmmm, that's weird," I thought but "shut up Pancakes" is what I said since she seemed to be smirking at me.


Only one thing NOW I thought, a plug obviously slipped away from the back of the router and it's been swallowed by the dust bunnies behind the TV. At this point I attempted to move our non-flat screen TV away from the wall and I followed an absolute labyrinth of cords to see what must have slipped down. Nothing. "Hmm again!" And then I saw it. SOMEONE (ahem Markers) didn't properly plug the router power cord into the socket, they only got one prong in. Unplug, properly re-plug and voila! INTERNET!

As I type this I'm on hold with everyone's favorite local company, Comcast. I'll give them some serious kudos if they reimburse me for the non-usage for the past two months. Fingers crossed team.

No comments:

Post a Comment