Tuesday, October 20, 2009

"i was runnnnnnn-innnngggg"

We made it! Mark plowed through the Detroit Free Press half marathon and I took what I hoped would be the easy route by keeping with tradition and running the marathon relay with my family. I didn't train enough and then I had too much wine for dinner. It was a tough 5-ish miles for me!! After giving my knee a week off I'm going to go back into my regular running routine so as not to be outdone next year.

Mark did great, I'm so proud of him for finishing! He didn't train either but assured me he is half-Kenyan so running long distances comes naturally to him (must be half albino Kenyan). He only walked once up a hill, which was better than I can say, and now he can barely walk at all. Must be the German half that has the sore legs...

Regardless of the tough run we are both looking forward to next year's race. I'm sticking with team RunShine and Mark might up the ante and run the full thing. Let's see if we make it through this year's Turkey Trot first though ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment