Monday, February 1, 2010

penmanship and pizza party

My family, friends and family to be are so awesome!

This Saturday I hosted a penmanship party, well it was actually free use of other people's time and handwriting for invitation addressing time.  I had a posse of help: my mother, two aunts, a cousin, friends, a future sister, almost daughter, near niece, mother to be and soon to be husband (oh SNAP! a husband?!?! Insanity, that might be the first time I've said or typed that).  Thanks so much for all your help, we only had a few envelope casualties so I was impressed!

Got to the post office at around 5:40 tonight with all the invites in tow.  The line was too long so I commandeered the mail slot and started stuffing them in.  After getting 80% in I had a slight panic attack because I never weighed them to ensure I was using the proper amount of postage.  Now, with a pit in my stomach, I got in line with 20 people and tried not to get too worked up that I just messed up big time.  As I finally got up to a USPS representative I briefly flashed through every worst possible scenario and then understood why people "go postal."  The woman weighed the envelope and said, "oh."  I had one tear fall out and simultaneously almost barfed on her scale (today was like the last day I could mail these puppies and fall within proper etiquette for invitation arrival).  She obviously noticed my panic-stricken face and said, "It's good!!! It's one ounce exactly and it has the stamp on already, you're good!"  I was immediately relieved, no longer felt like barfing and after flashing a grin and saying thanks as I went back to my tiny mail slot and pushed through the last handful of invites.  Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment